8/16/11

Cooked with affection, cooked to perfection!



Hellooo! Cara here! Yes... The busy one who isn't really a bum. 


Something surreal really happened today, I went all domestic! What was supposed to be an afternoon spent getting a facial (with the real busy bums, of course), turned out to be an afternoon of grocery shopping, dishwashing, and dinner preparations! 


Yup! I did all of that out of my own free will.. And a few coincidental circumstances (Ate Leah wasn't there to cook or do the dishes for me, Nicole and Mae took so long, and I felt bad for restricting Abran from eating rice for dinner, HAHA).


So while waiting for Nics and Mae, I was looking for some recipes online. Of course the ever-trusted allrecipes.com led me to a yummy chili-lime chicken kebab recipe! You can check it out here. I took a quick look at the ingredients list and rushed to the grocery. Met up with Mae and Nics after that and next thing I know, I was cooking dinner! They helped me of course... And I couldn't have done it without them! 

It turned out to be aweesomeee... Although the recipe didn't have it, I wanted to add some bell peppers, onions, and pineapples to make the dish more colorful and balanced. We also tweaked the recipe some more by adding this really juicy and tasty sour cream sauce with some spices and a little bit of olive oil. To complete the theme, we got some pita bread! 



You almost can't believe how unbelievably soft and tasty the chicken is! It was very spicy and tangy at the same time! It really had a kick, so the sour cream sauce and pineapples was definitely a good idea. I can't wait to make some again... Maybe this weekend! 

Look how happy (and hungry) they are!

 




Woohoo! Dinner is finally served!
A parting gift for each one of us... Guess who's who.


-Cara :)

1 comment: